Alastair Gordon - Marketing AdviserView Profile
IADE is an autonomous institution that reports to the Minister of State for Co-ordination of Economic Affairs. It is the principal business development services provider in Timor-Leste.
IADE currently has eleven Business Development Centres (CDE’s – Centro Desenvolvimento Empresarial) in Dili, Baucau, Liquica, Bobonaro, Ainaro, Lautem, Viqueque, Covalima, Ermera, Aileu and Manatuto operating under its organisational structure.
IADE’s main functions are as follows:
Mission: To promote, train and support entrepreneurs.
As such, IADE promotes the professionalism of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises based on the principles of quality and sustainability.
- To promote business creation
- To provide potential and existing entrepreneurs as well as cooperatives and contractors with market and need-oriented business development services
- To facilitate access to financial services to existing entrepreneurs and contractors
- To create and maintain a business information network at local and national levels
- To promote the creation of entrepreneurs’ representations
- To assist other public and/or private institutions as well as international development partners to harmonise private sector development in Timor-Leste
- To support the implementation of specific income generation activities and cooperatives
- To promote legal and administrative changes to stimulate the development of a conducive business environment
- To encourage partnerships between entrepreneurs’ organisations and the Government, strengthening the public-private dialogue.
- Conduct training for entrepreneurs in business management
- Provide counselling services to entrepreneurs to start up or improve businesses
- Disseminate relevant business information to urban and rural entrepreneurs (including on public tenders)
- Provide business match-making services
- Organise trade fairs to promote local products and services
- Conduct market surveys (including value chain research) for products and services
- Coordinate value chain up-grading activities
- Organise business competitions for innovative business ideas and products/services
- Organise public private dialogue on topics relevant to entrepreneurs
- Support entrepreneurs in marketing innovative products or services
A ‘Commercialization Strategy’ is to be finalised by mid-March 2015. The strategy aims to increase IADE’s visibility, and make IADE’s services more available. At the same time, fee-based services are to be introduced to increase IADE’s sustainability. A volunteer is required to support and guide IADE staff to implement the commercialization strategy.
For more info visit http://iade.gov.tl/?lang=en