Prior to 2005, the Department of Education (DoE) was the provincial arm of the PNG Department of Education for the North Solomon’s Province. It is now a department of the Autonomous Bougainville Government (ABG). The department is responsible for the management and provision of all public sector education services in Bougainville. Its mandate is focused on:
- Primary education
- Secondary education
- Tertiary education
- Technical and vocational education and training (TVET)
- Education policy and curriculum development
The mission of the Department of Education is:
- To facilitate and promote integral human development of every individual
- To develop and encourage an education system which satisfies the requirements of Bougainville region and its people
- To make the benefits of such education available as widely as possible to all the people, and
- To make education accessible to the poor, the physically, mentally and socially handicapped, as well as to those who are educationally disadvantaged.
The overall aim of the department is universal basic education for all.
For more information:
DoE website click here.
DoE Facebook page click here.