The Department of Economic Development
The mandate of the DED is to facilitate sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Bougainville and contribute to achieving fiscal self-reliance. Within this mandate DED has a range of functions, including:
- Promoting inward investment and trade;
- Strengthening small and medium sized enterprise development;
- Enhancing the effectiveness of State Owned Enterprises;
- Strengthening the role of policy analysis and research in policy and project management;
- Strengthening the tourism sector; and,
- Enhancing corporate services in the Department.
The DED will work towards improving the investment climate, facilitate local and inward investment and support the establishment of business associations in Bougainville’s three regions/main urban areas – north (Buka), central (Arawa) and south (Buin).