Sports Development Adviser
Closing Date: 22 Sep 2019
Interview: 18 & 19 October 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 20 - 23 November 2019
Expected Start Date: Jan or Feb 2020
Assignment Number: 41243
Location: Tarawa, Kiribati
Sport Development is a new concept in Kiribati and is increasingly being recognised as an important pillar of national development with positive impacts on youth, and more widely in the community. In this assignment you will play a key role in education and raising awareness of the long-term health and physical benefits of active participation in sport.
You’ll work alongside Ministry of Youth, Women, Sport & Social Affairs (MYWSA) staff to review the National Sports Plan and help them to collaborate more effectively with stakeholders including schools, community organisations and the Ministry of Education. You will also help identify opportunities for sponsorship and marketing for sport and athletes in Kiribati.
This is a unique opportunity to help build a strong sporting infrastructure across Kiribati.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A relevant tertiary level degree
- Strong demonstrated experience in a sports development role at a government or community level
- Knowledge of active recreation and the sport sector
- Ability to forge strong relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Experience in strategic planning and project management