Renewable Energy Adviser
Closing Date: 07 Jul 2019
Interview: 09 & 10 August 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 02 - 05 October 2019
Expected Start Date: Oct 2019 or Jan 2020
Assignment Number: 41128
Duration: 2 years
Location: Suva, Fiji
- Support the Pacific Community (SPC) to increase and diversify renewable energy use in the Pacific
- Make a contribution to environmental sustainability across the Pacific
- Volunteer Service Abroad will cover costs while you are on assignment, including travel
The Pacific has huge potential to develop renewable energy – you could be a part of ensuring energy security in the region.
SPC provide technical and policy advice to Pacific Island countries about energy, fisheries, science, public health and conservation of plant genetic resources for food security.
As the ideal volunteer you will work to identify potential sources of renewable energies, and build awareness of bio-gas generation. You’ll be working with SPC staff and government officials around the Pacific and the energy sector.
This assignment will involve supporting the SPC to identify countries that have the potential to generate bio-gas at a commercial level, as well as collating and analysing renewable energy data. You will also provide technical advice, review project proposals and oversee training of SPC staff, all of which will make a huge difference to the success of SPC’s upcoming work.
VSA assignments provide a unique opportunity for professional development by sharing your skills to help build thriving communities in the Pacific and beyond. This is a two year assignment based in Suva.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Bachelor of Science in renewable energy/renewable energy economics/climate change mitigation
- 3+ years of professional experience in renewable energy resources assessment, renewable energy data analysis, and/or circular economy or biogas generation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage professionally with multi-stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and other relevant software
- Experience in capacity building