Records Management Adviser
Closing Date: 07 Jul 2019
Interview: 09 & 10 August 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 02 - 05 October 2019
Expected Start Date: Oct 2019 or Jan 2020
Assignment Number: 41009
Location: Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Assist Ministry of Justice staff to improve monitoring, cataloguing and archiving procedures to effectively manage national legal documentation and library resources.
The Adviser will work closely with Supreme Court staff to develop organised systems for record appraisal, sorting and preservation, and ensure procedures meet the requirements of Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection. This will include an initial assessment of archiving needs for court records and library resources, as well as, systems for their retention and disposal.
Overall, the Adviser will support staff to overcome current records management challenges, particularly regarding access and retrieval, by developing procedure manuals for staff, and providing training to strengthen their records management skills.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A qualification in records management or other relevant discipline
- Proven track record in professional records management
- At least three years’ experience with cataloging library and/or archive resources
- Experience in appraisal of historical material
- Experience training others in records management
- IT literate including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office