Organisational Development Adviser
Closing Date: 10 Mar 2019
Interview: 5 & 6 April 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 1-4 May 2019
Expected Start Date: 12-18 May
Assignment Number: 41204
Duration: 18 months
Location: Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Mainstreaming of Rural Development Innovation (MORDI) supports isolated rural communities across Tonga in their fight against poverty. Key to MORDI’s mission is empowering communities to realise their own potential and taking ownership of the direction of their own development – women and youth are a vital part of this process.
MORDI is growing and so too is the scale of their community development projects. As an Organisational Development professional with experience across a range of disciplines you will provide advice to the Manager and Chief Operating Officer to support this growth. You will review and update operational policies and procedures and build organisational capacity by ensuring local staff are confident with the new processes.
This assignment is a great opportunity to work alongside an organisation that is helping vulnerable Tongan communities increase their incomes, develop sustainable livelihoods and stamp out poverty.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Experience working across a full range of organisational functions, particularly Finance and Administration
- Experience reviewing and updating operational and management policies and procedures
- Experience delivering on-the-job training and/or mentoring
- Capacity to implement change in a harmonious way
- Strong communication, facilitation, and consultative skills