Management and Leadership Adviser
Closing Date: 09 Feb 2020
Interview: 20 - 21 March
Pre-departure Briefing: 27 - 31 May
Expected Start Date: 15 - 26 June
Assignment Number: 41154
Duration: 1 year (with the option to extend to 2 years by mutual agreement)
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Ba Futuru is a leading national not-for-profit organisation in Timor Leste who specialise in peace building, gender empowerment, child protection education, teaching approaches and conflict transformation. The name ‘Ba Futuru’, in the local language Tetun, means ‘For the Future.’
Today Ba Futuru has more than 50 staff and volunteers working across all 13 municipalities of Timor-Leste. This assignment is based in the vibrant, fast-paced capital city of Dili.
This is an amazing opportunity to work alongside the senior leadership team and other key staff within Ba Futuru to build capacity and identify areas for progression. In working with the senior management team, you will provide training and mentoring in decision-making, succession planning and its implementation.
As the ideal candidate, you will also have the ability to mentor staff to improve their critical thinking, problem solving, planning, and management skills.
Utilise your skills and experience in management to help deliver sustainable, locally owned and effectively managed programmes, resulting in the empowerment of Timorese communities.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Qualification in Business, Management or other relevant discipline or relevant senior management and operational management experience
- Understanding of economic empowerment initiatives such as business development, income generation activities, leadership and management
- Demonstrated competency in human resource and performance management
- An understanding of financial management in a non-governmental or civil society context, including the identification and development of alternative revenue streams
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others