Closing Date: 27 May 2018
Interview: 29 & 30 June 2018
Pre-departure Briefing: 18 to 21 July or 19 to 22 September 2018
Expected Start Date: second half 2018
Assignment Number: 40826
Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Apply your legal skills to strengthen the legal mandate and legislative capability of the Solomon Islands Statistics Office (SINSO).
A recent review of statistics legislation and data sharing capacity in Solomon Islands has highlighted legal limitations within a number of acts. Working closely with SINSO management, you will support SINSO in undertaking and implementing the review of these acts.
With a focus on mentoring and capacity building you will also help staff acquire the skills to understand the process and functions of implementing the revised acts where they relate to specific functional areas on a day-to-day basis.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A Bachelor of Laws or other legal-related discipline
- At least three years’ post-admission experience in a government or commercial setting
- Experience providing technical assistance in the review or reforming of legal programmes and/or legislation
- The ability to undertake legal research and consultations for the preparation of advice, submissions and correspondence in relation to drafting legislation
- Experience providing training, coaching and/or mentoring in formal and informal settings