Information Technology (IT) Mentor
Closing Date: 22 Sep 2019
Interview: 18 & 19 October 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 20 - 23 November 2019
Expected Start Date: Jan or Feb 2020
Assignment Number: 41240
Duration: 1-year (with option to extend by mutual agreement)
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
- Help build local IT capability in Timor Leste
- Support and develop IT outcomes in the Dili
In this assignment you will work alongside Maluk Timor and local partner organisations to help improve operational IT resilience, optimise internet connectivity and ensure systems have appropriate, reliable back -up, wireless and virus protection systems in place.
Working with local IT staff, you will advise on optimised internet connectivity, and develop systems to ensure files are electronically secure and backed up.
You will also make recommendations on systems changes, developing operational manuals to support ongoing maintenance of internal IT systems.
This is a great opportunity to share your skills and knowledge with others, supporting IT learning and organisational outcomes for the people of Dili, Timor Leste.
This is a rare opportunity to share your IT knowledge and skills in a country that is rebuilding itself post-conflict. Be part of change. Be part of developing positive outcomes for the people of Timor Leste.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Qualification or relevant experience of ICT systems, and a good general working knowledge of all things IT
- Experience setting up hardware and software (Microsoft Office and Internet), basic computer networks, back-ups, and anti-virus system, for a small- to medium-sized organisation
- Experience in network maintenance and administration
- Experience reviewing and assessing IT systems, policies and training needs and making and implementing recommendations
- Ability to mentor or train staff