Financial Systems Mentor
Closing Date: 27 Oct 2019
Interview: 29 & 30 November 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 22 - 25 January 2020
Expected Start Date: February or March 2020
Assignment Number: 41227
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Share your accounting and finance skills with Belun to help sustain their programmes through the improvement of financial competencies within the organisation.
Belun is a local NGO in Timor-Leste which aims to serve communities in the country by preventing conflict. Their programmes focus on developing the organisational capacity of its partners, providing support to communities and conducting research for policy development across the government and society.
In this assignment, you will work alongside staff to improve the organisation’s financial systems and their understanding of the legal and financial aspects of income generation. You will also train staff in implementing bookkeeping systems and working within operational laws and legislation. The assignment is based in vibrant Dili, where tradition and modern ways of life co-exist with each other.
This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience with an organisation centred on maintaining peace in local communities throughout Timor-Leste.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- An accounting qualification
- A minimum of 5 years in a financial management role
- Experience developing and implementing finance and office administrative systems and processes
- Knowledge or experience of accounting software systems other than MYOB such as Quickbooks Online (QBOL) accounting software
- Proven ability to work alongside staff to provide practical and appropriate training and mentoring