Finance and Management Adviser
Closing Date: 26 May 2019
Interview: 28 & 29 June 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 17-20 July 2019
Expected Start Date: 19-29 August 2019
Assignment Number: 41012
Location: Kimbe, West New Britain , Papua New Guinea
Work alongside Mahonia Na Dari (Guardians of the Sea) to improve their financial and operational management systems.
Mahonia Na Dari (MND) is an environmental protection non-governmental organisation working to protect PNG’s abundant biodiversity. Working closely with MND staff, you will help to review current financial and operational management systems and provide suggestions for improvement. With a strong mentoring focus, you will help build the capability of staff to confidently and effectively manage MND activities.
This hands-on assignment offers a great opportunity to work with an inspiring organisation and support marine conservation efforts through better financial management.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting
- Small business (or equivalent) financial management experience
- Relevant operational management experience
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Reckon or similar
- Experience in mentoring and training staff