Family Sexual Violence Specialist
Closing Date: 10 Mar 2019
Interview: 5 & 6 April 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 1-4 May 2019
Expected Start Date: 12-18 May
Assignment Number: 40827
Duration: 1-year (negotiable)
Location: Buka, Bougainville
Share your expertise with Family Support Centres in Bougainville to strengthen effective medical and wrap-around service provision.
Although referral pathways are working in Bougainville, there is a real need among service providers to improve the standard of medical data collection and reporting required for court proceedings.
Working closely with Centre staff you will help review current systems and practices to enhance reporting. This will include providing vital analysis of medical, psychosocial and legal pathways for survivors of sexual and gender-based violence. You will provide a post-analysis report with recommendations to address current support issues. With a strong focus on mentoring, you will deliver staff-trainings and facilitate incorporation of recommendations into a work plan.
In this rewarding role you will also work with relevant agencies to establish a coordinated, survivor-centred approach to service delivery.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A formal health qualification, ideally related to sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) and reporting/examination
- Significant experience in the SGBV sector
- Understanding of legal/medical procedures for collecting evidence and compiling reports/cases to be used as evidence for court prosecution
- Experience in change management and/or aligning service delivery to comply with minimum standards and policy requirements
- Experience conducting organisational reviews or situation analysis