Environmental Health Adviser
Closing Date: 10 Mar 2019
Interview: 5 & 6 April 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 1-4 May 2019
Expected Start Date: 12-18 May
Assignment Number: 41067
Location: Auki, Malaita Province, Solomon Islands
Use your public health experience to promote clean, healthy and safe conditions at the Auki New Market.
Working alongside the Environmental Health Division, you will help research barriers and pathways to a healthy environment at the busy market. Research findings will help inform the environmental health strategic plan and how Division staff support vendors to implement healthy practices. Part of this work will involve hosting information sessions and crafting health promotion messages, posters and leaflets for market stakeholders and the public. You will also help to devise a waste disposal system for the market that can be implemented at other locations on the island.
This rewarding assignment offers a great opportunity to take your skills on an adventure and support healthy communities in Auki.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A qualification in a relevant subject such as environmental health, community health or health promotion
- Experience in environmental health or waste management
- Experience training others
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including community groups
- An understanding of how by-laws are applied at a local level
- Experience with coordinating or managing community health campaigns and promotions.