Closing Date: 22 Sep 2019
Interview: 18 & 19 October 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 20 - 23 November 2019
Expected Start Date: Jan or Feb 2020
Assignment Number: 41245
Location: Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Empower Pacific organisations to lead the way in energy efficiency. There is growing demand in the Pacific for clean, reliable energy and a desire to better understand efficiencies. If you have a background in the sector, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to challenge yourself and put that background to work in the Pacific.
The Pacific Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (PCREEE) is part of a wider network of regional sustainable energy centres for small island developing states (SIDS) in Africa, Caribbean, Pacific and Indian Ocean. It aims is to accelerate the transition to renewable energy and energy efficient economies by empowering the private sector to lead and invest.
In this assignment you will work alongside PCREEE staff to build their knowledge and capacity in the areas of energy efficiency. You will support them to carry out energy audits and make recommendations to local businesses, commercial enterprises and the public sector in reviewing and improving their energy consumption.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in increasing the profile and awareness of energy efficiency throughout the Pacific.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Tertiary qualification in building science, energy management, engineering, environmental management, quantity surveying or another relevant discipline
- Relevant technical experience and knowledge of energy auditing and energy efficiency
- Ability to provide technical advice
- Experience in conducting training workshops
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically