Emergency Management Adviser
Closing Date: 26 May 2019
Interview: 28 & 29 June 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 17-20 July 2019
Expected Start Date: 19-29 August 2019
Assignment Number: 41229
Duration: 2 years
Location: Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Emergency Management Cook Islands (EMCI) is the governmental division charged with ensuring the maintenance of the Disaster Risk Management plan for the Cook Islands. The current framework and structures need to be refined to ensure EMCI and associated agencies are fit to respond when the need arises.
In this assignment you will provide planning and advisory support to EMCI and response agencies by helping to identify risks and hazards affecting the Cook Islands. You will also support the development of policies, plans and guidelines to ensure they can provide an effective and efficient response to communities in the event of an emergency.
Although you’ll be based at EMCI within the Cook Islands Police Station in Avarua, you’ll spend time with other relevant agencies as and when required.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A strong background in planning and policy development
- Strong communication, administrative and organisational skills
- Experience managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in training and mentoring
- Knowledge of Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DDR)