Education Adviser (Research)
Closing Date: 03 Feb 2019
Interview: 8 & 9 March 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 27 & 30 March 2019
Expected Start Date: 12-18 May
Assignment Number: 40828
Location: Kokopo, Papua New Guinea
Provide leadership and support to the newly established St. Peter Chanel Catholic College of Secondary Teachers Education and make an impact on education in Papua New Guinea.
Working closely with academic staff, you will provide leadership in relation to academic research with a focus on research-led educational programmes. Primarily, this will involve sharing your experience to help build an effective research centre to strengthen academic staff research capacity and enable students to gain and build research skills and competencies.
Through training and mentoring you will provide vital support to produce quality graduates who are capable and ready for the changing world of teaching and learning.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Experience in the education sector at a secondary or tertiary level
- Postgraduate qualification (with relevant academic research experience)
- An understanding of strategic and operational plans
- Experience planning for and producing peer reviewed research
- Proven experience and success in research supervision, mentoring, and coaching