Early Childhood Development Adviser
Closing Date: 14 Apr 2019
Interview: 24 & 25 May 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 17-20 July 2019
Expected Start Date: 19-29 August 2019
Assignment Number: 41222
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Volunteer Service Abroad will cover costs while you are assignment, including travel
UNICEF have been promoting the rights and well-being of children for over 70 years, and work on behalf of the world’s most vulnerable. They are now supporting the Solomon Islands Government with strengthening its ECD system to ensure the best possible start for the new generation of Solomon Islanders. This is a chance to experience a remote part of the world rich in unique culture and natural beauty.
As the ideal candidate you will bring specialized and dedicated support, engage with the government, and build relationships to ensure enhanced capacity and increased commitment to ECD is achieved.
This assignment will involve working alongside the UNICEF ECD team to present briefs and discuss issues and strategies at multi-sector meetings and platforms. You will also coordinate the set up of a platform for stakeholders to plan, budget, implement and monitor the status of ECD across Solomon Islands.
VSA assignments provide a unique opportunity for professional development by sharing your skills to help build thriving communities in the Pacific and beyond. This is a one-year assignment based in Honiara with the option to extend by mutual agreement.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A relevant tertiary level degree
- Technical expertise in early childhood development (ECD), health and nutrition in the early years and/or early education
- Professional experience in public policy, international development and/or project management
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience influencing strategies to achieve outcomes
- Mentoring and/or training skills
- A successful track record of consistently achieving project goals