Digital Marketing Mentor
Closing Date: 03 Feb 2019
Interview: 8 & 9 March 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 27 & 30 March 2019
Expected Start Date: 12-18 May
Assignment Number: 41089
Duration: 1 year
Location: Gizo, Munda and Seghe, Solomon Islands
Share your marketing skills and support economic development in Solomon Islands.
Tourism operators across Solomon Islands face constraints in marketing and taking bookings due to their small size and lack of computing skills and/or confidence with web-based platforms. Most operators are not ready to develop or manage their own website, but web-based digital marketing (e.g. Trip Advisor) provides an opportunity. Western Province Tourism Association (WPTA) in partnership with Strongim Bisnis is planning a digital marketing workshop for operators and this assignment would provide vital follow-up to this workshop by placing an accessible mentor in Western Province long-term.
In this exciting role you will work alongside the WPTA staff to develop a mentoring plan to build operators’ skills in developing and managing digital marketing plans and booking systems. You will also Advise WPTA Executive Committee on updating the constitution and regional tourism plan to reflect the needs of operators and the changing tourism landscape in Solomon Islands.
This assignment offers a rewarding opportunity to support sustainable tourism development in Western Province.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Demonstrated experience in online marketing, including social media
- Experience developing simple online booking and payment systems, preferably in the tourism sector
- Experience training and mentoring others in online marketing and booking systems, including social media
- Experience in or knowledge of conducting training needs analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills