Clinical Management Adviser
Closing Date: 03 Feb 2019
Interview: 8 & 9 March 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 27 & 30 March 2019
Expected Start Date: 12-18 May
Assignment Number: 41192
Duration: 12 months
Location: Port Vila, Vanuatu
Volunteer Service Abroad covers costs while you are on assignment, including travel, accommodation, living allowance and more.
In this assignment you will work alongside clinical staff at Vanuatu’s National Eye Clinic to review, develop and embed sound management and administrative processes. Working with individual staff, you will build capacity through training, and identify systems and processes that will provide exceptional patient care and improve overall clinical management.
The Fred Hollows Foundation New Zealand (FHFNZ) established the first eye care programme in Vanuatu, which concluded in 2005. The programme was handed over to the Vanuatu government, with additional assistance from FHFNZ. In that time FHFNZ has supported Vanuatu’s first ophthalmologist who has completed training and takes over the provision of these services in 2019.
The National Eye Clinic has recently undergone extensive renovation and extension with new operating facilities now on site. The clinic is supported by a highly motivated, professional team who want to ensure the clinic continues to develop and provide outstanding care to the people of Vanuatu.
Key to this assignment will be your ability to spot opportunities for process improvement, ensuring staff are trained on systems and administrative processes.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced clinical manager be part of a team of focused professionals who are passionate about providing the best possible eye care for the people of Vanuatu.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Relevant tertiary degree such as Nursing, Health Management, Optometry, Business Administration or Health Sciences
- Significant experience in Clinical Health Management or similar Management/ Adviser positions
- Proficiency with Hospital Information Systems and software applications
- Experience in the development, coordination/management and implementation of operational processes and procedures
- Previous experience in mentoring and / or coaching others in the workplace
- Demonstrated skills and experience engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills