Closing Date: 03 Feb 2019
Interview: 8 & 9 March 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 27 & 30 March 2019
Expected Start Date: 12-18 May
Assignment Number: 41187
Duration: 1 year (with the option to extend to 2 years by mutual agreement)
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
- Volunteer Service Abroad covers costs while you are on assignment, including travel, accommodation, living allowance and more
- Use your expertise in business planning and development
As a young nation, Timor-Leste is moving from a post conflict fragile state to a developing, resilient nation.
Volunteer Service Abroad supports a number of private organisations across its programmes. This contributes to the provision of key services to the general public. This assignment will see you working alongside Univen Caripintaria. Since 2008, Univen Caripintaria has focused on providing quality funeral services to their clients. Through this assignment, the organisation is looking to improve the services they currently provide clients within the capital city of Dili. They are also looking to expand beyond Dili, to ensure that other communities have access to the same care.
As the ideal candidate for this assignment, you will support the team at Univen Caripintaria to develop a clear business plan. You will also be involved in the development of the accompanying systems and processes needed to implement the plan.
This assignment requires a volunteer who is able to advise on geographical expansion. You will assist Univen Caripintaria in improving the marketing of their services.
Some experience with, or an understanding of the funeral sector is desirable – however, not essential. A respect for diverse religious and spiritual beliefs, particularly those related to funeral ceremonies, is important.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Experience with business planning, development and management
- An understanding of marketing for small to medium sized businesses
- Proven ability to conduct market research to identify business and market development opportunities
- Experience providing on the job training and mentoring staff