Biomedical Technician Mentor
Closing Date: 14 Apr 2019
Interview: 24 & 25 May 2019
Pre-departure Briefing: 17-20 July 2019
Expected Start Date: 19-29 August 2019
Assignment Number: 41197
Duration: 4 months
Location: Rabaul, Papua New Guinea
- Volunteer Service Abroad covers costs while you are on assignment, including travel, accommodation, living allowance and more
- Make good use of your Biomedical knowledge
- Amazing opportunity to volunteer in Papua New Guinea for 4 months
The Nonga General Hospital is the largest public hospital in East New Britain Province and is located in Rabaul. In any hospital setting, the effective and efficient operation, management and maintenance of medical devices are essential for the delivery of quality healthcare services. Improving Nonga General Hospital Biomedical support services will not only enhance the hospital’s health services but will also ensure better health outcomes for Papua New Guinea.
The Biomedical Technician Mentor will work with staff from the Hospital to maintain and repair medical equipment in compliance with international safety standards and manufacturers’ specifications. The volunteer will also assist staff to improve systems to effectively manage resources. The successful candidate will have a recognised qualification in Biomedical Engineering and technical experience in maintenance and repair of medical equipment.
VSA assignments provide a unique opportunity for professional development by sharing your skills to build thriving communities in the Pacific and beyond. The volunteer will work closely with Biomedical staff to provide training and mentoring on the use, maintenance, and repair of medical equipment.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Relevant technical skills and experience in the maintenance and repair of medical equipment
- Relevant qualification(s) in biomedical engineering or a related field
- Ability to work in health facilities with limited resources
- Ability to train and mentor others