Early Childhood Care & Education Adviser
Closing Date: 09 Feb 2020
Interview: 20 - 21 March
Pre-departure Briefing: 27 - 31 May
Expected Start Date: 15 - 26 June
Assignment Number: 41284
Duration: 1-year (with option to extend)
Location: Tarawa, Kiribati
UNICEF has been promoting the rights and well-being of children for over 70 years, and works on behalf of the world’s most vulnerable. It is currently supporting the Kiribati Ministry of Education (MOE) with development and preparation of an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Programme.
In this assignment you will work collaboratively with MOE staff to develop policy documents, provide guidance on budget allocation and design and pilot a curriculum framework. You will also work alongside key staff to enhance coordination and coherence among ECCE stakeholders.
Although this role is based at the UNICEF office in Tarawa, you will spend a lot of time outside the office engaging with a wide variety of organisations. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation striving to defend the rights of children and help them to fulfil their potential from early childhood through to adolescence.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education
- Strong knowledge of the Early Childhood curriculum
- Professional experience in policy, programme planning, management and/or research in education
- Experience in project management, including design, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience engaging and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- An ability to train and mentor other members of staff