Closing Date: 09 Feb 2020
Interview: 20 - 21 March
Pre-departure Briefing: 27 - 31 May
Expected Start Date: 15 - 26 June
Assignment Number: 41099
Duration: 12-18 months
Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Take your stats skills on an adventure
- Strengthen the National Statistical System of the Solomon Islands
- Support the organisation to meet international reporting requirements
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) sends skilled Kiwis to the Pacific and beyond to share their experience and knowledge directly with local people and communities.
Working together with our Pacific neighbours, our volunteers help make changes that continue to ripple across communities for generations to come.
How you will make an impact:
Work with the Solomon Islands National Statistics Office (SINSO) to achieve its working vision of a dynamic government statistical agency, fulfilling its mission to provide timely, relevant and accurate statistics within a responsive national statistical service.
SINSO’s aim is to collect, process, analyse and disseminate core official statistics for the purposes of policy, planning, decision-making and public debate. You’ll support SINSO to improve its range and quality of statistics, and help strengthen its technical capacity, to inform policy and improve lives.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A degree in statistics, mathematics, science, economics, demography or equivalent
- A minimum of one years’ experience in business analysis or data analysis and interpretation
- Data processing skills, including application of computer software (e.g. Stata/SPSS, CSPRO, R etc.)
- Problem solving skills in resolving data issues and data gaps
- Data analytics skills, especially in developing creative and unique data solutions
- Experience communicating data and related narratives to a diverse audience
- Ability to conduct on-the-job training in data analysis