Early Childhood Care & Education Adviser
Closing Date: 06 October 2020
Category: Education & Training
The United Nations International Children's Fund (UNICEF) has been promoting the rights of children for over 70 years. In Kiribati, it is is currently supporting the Ministry of Education (MOE) with the development and preparation of an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Programme.
In this assignment you will work collaboratively with MOE staff to develop policy documents, provide guidance on budget allocation and design and pilot a curriculum framework. You will also work alongside key staff to enhance coordination and coherence among ECCE stakeholders.
Although this role is based at the UNICEF office in Tarawa, you will spend a lot of time outside the office engaging with a wide variety of organisations. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation striving to defend the rights of children and help them to fulfill their potential from early childhood through to adolescence.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education
- Strong knowledge of the Early Childhood curriculum
- Professional experience in policy, programme planning, management and/or research in education
- Experience in project management, including design, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience engaging and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- An ability to train and mentor other members of staff
VSA volunteers receive a living allowance and accommodation, insurance, and medical costs are provided. Travel arrangements are organised and funded by VSA along with other costs.