Support and benefits
Volunteering provides a valuable contribution to development around the globe. As a VSA volunteer, we offer you a comprehensive support package to help you make the most of your time away on assignment.
Before you go…
- Pre-departure briefing
- Airfares & baggage allowance
- Travel insurance
- Medical clearance & vaccinations
- In-country orientation & language training
- Accommodation & utilities
- Living allowance
- Safety & security support provided by our in-country staff
When you come home…
- Debriefing on return to NZ
- Career counselling
- Membership to the VSA Connect - our virtual network of returned volunteers
Additional costs and grants are dependent on the assignment.