From application to departure...
Looking for a meaningful way to give something back? An application is your first step toward and a life-changing experience - volunteering for transformative change.
Stage 1: Application
All year round, we recruit and deploy volunteers with new vacancies available every month. If you see a volunteer vacancy that matches your skills and experience, simply click apply online.
- Check your availability for the interview briefing and deployment dates.
- Download, read, and save the assignment description.
- Complete an online application.
- Check with your nominated referees that they are prepared to provide a reference for you.
Note: Many VSA assignments are suitable for volunteers to take their accompanying partner. However, because our work is driven by the requests from partner organisations, we are not in a position to source assignments for accompanying partners.
Stage 2: Selection
Shortlisted candidates are invited to Wellington for a two-day selection process.
- Two interviews (personal & professional).
- Key information about VSA's development programme and potential assignment location.
- Overview of post-selection procedures.
Candidates and their partners are required for both days and we aim to let you know the outcome of the selection process within one week.
Stage 3: Pre-departure
If selected for a VSA assignment, our staff will assist you to complete pre-departure processes.
- Immigration and police checks
- Medical clearance and vaccinations
- Pre-departure briefing
- Flight confirmation
It will take between 2 and 7 months, from application to departure, for a volunteer to arrive in-country.
Stage 4: Departure
You are ready for a volunteer assignment making a difference in the wider Pacific.