Connect with your community for VSA!
It’s fantastic that you're interested in fundraising for international development through volunteering. No matter how big or small, every dollar you raise goes to programmes that really work.
Fundraising can be great fun and rewarding. Here is some information to get you started.
Contact us for a fundraising pack - it's packed with ideas for events you can host in your local community.
Set up your online Fundraising page
With your very own fundraising page, you can collect donations online – not just at your event! This means that people who can't attend your event can still donate. And it means that you can collect funds before and after the big day!
- Visit the everydayhero site
- Click on start fundraising
- Personalise your page by uploading photos and adding a bit about yourself and (if you are a recently selected volunteer) the assignment you will be going on
- Share the link to your page on your Facebook page, on Twitter, add it to your email signature... the more people you tell, the better
- It's safe and secure and your donors are issued with a receipt immediately
Media and publicity
The local media can help make your event a great success and we are happy to support you every step of the way just contact Sarah Barnett, our Senior Communications Adviser.
How we can help you
We want to help you make your event a success. We can provide:
- Pictures for your Everyday Hero page
- Vista magazines and brochures for you to distribute at your fundraising event
- A letter of endorsement for your fundraising activity
- Videos and powerpoints to show at your event
- A donation record template for donors who would like a receipt
- Plastic bags for coin collections
Transferring your funds to Volunteer Service Abroad
There are two ways you can do this.
1. Transfer the funds to VSA’s bank account.
Bank: Westpac Bank New Zealand Ltd
Account Number: 03-0518-0176254-00
Account Name: Volunteer Service Abroad Te Tuao Tawahi Inc.
Particulars: FR 'Your Name'
Email us and let us know that you have fund-raised for VSA.
2. Write a cheque to Volunteer Service Abroad and remember to include a note telling us about you and how you fundraised.
Post: PO Box 12246,
Or find us at Level 2 - 77 Thorndon Quay, Wellington CBD.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you – please share your experiences and photos with us. Email us or call us on 0800 872 8646.