APPLICATIONS CLOSE 9AM MONDAY 21 AUGUST
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a small, collaborative organisation doing meaningful work in the Pacific.
The role reports to the Communications Manager, but works closely with other teams across the organisation.
As the online communications expert in our Wellington Office, you’ll take the lead on VSA’s social media, website and key e-newsletters. Your main responsibilities will include day-to-day management of our rich social media presence, and developing strategy with the Communication Manager to drive engagement. You’ll also lead the work on our website, www.vsa.org.nz, including developing and updating content, web administration, monitoring and reporting, project work with external developers and staff training.
This varied role also includes managing two e-newsletters from draft to delivery, and you’ll coordinate with our volunteers on assignment overseas to create blogs and other website posts based on their provided content. A key part of the role involves working closely with our volunteer recruitment unit to develop, implement and measure the effectiveness of major recruitment campaigns twice per year.
Our ideal Online Communications Officer candidate will have:
• at least two years’ proven experience managing an organisation’s web and social media presence
• proven ability to analyse and interpret data to inform web and social media strategy
• strong writing and editing skills, with a knack for creating compelling, engaging copy
• a high level of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
• sound interpersonal skills – including being comfortable presenting to small groups
• a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• excellent organisational and time-management skills, including experience in prioritising tasks in order to meet deadlines
• experience with using content management systems (knowledge of SilverStripe CMS would be an advantage), and knowledge of basic HTML
• awareness and appreciation of the value of different cultural perspectives, including the ability to deal with potentially sensitive issues in a respectful manner online
• experience using Google Analytics, including interpreting and reporting on web site metrics
• some experience in marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field
Download the Position Description and Application Guidelines via the links above.
TO APPLY: follow the guidelines set out in the PDF “Application Guidelines”. Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 21 August.