Selection Adviser (Voluntary)
- Unique professional voluntary opportunity
- Support outcomes for our Pacific neighbours
- Flexible voluntary working hours
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) is New Zealand’s largest and most experienced volunteer agency working in international development.
VSA brings together New Zealanders and our Asia-Pacific neighbours to share their skills, knowledge and experiences. All VSA assignments are driven by the development needs of our in-country partner organisations, to support local people and local outcomes.
As a VSA Selection Adviser you will use your sound judgement to conduct interviews to inform the suitability of candidates for assignment. You will explore the personal motivations, attitudes and sensitive areas to determine candidates ability to cope with the challenges they may face in- field. Your recommendations (based on interview feedback) will inform an important part of the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Professional counselling, HR, psychology and/or clinical experience
- Strong interviewing experience
- A high level of integrity, trustworthiness and discretion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to make well informed, open-minded and unbiased assessments
- Experience working overseas or with others from different cultures
VSA works with a number of professional advisers who volunteer their time on selection weekends that generally fall on Saturdays. We also have selection advisers who make themselves available during the week, by phone or Skype.
This is a unique opportunity to use your experience and skills by helping others embark on a life changing experience. The challenges and experiences our volunteers face are not what you’d find in western environments, which makes it stimulating work for our team of selection advisers.
If you would like to find out more or have an informal discussion please contact Annie Colebrook on 04 495 8531.
To apply: email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before 8am on Friday 19 July 2019. Please insert “Selection Adviser” in the subject line of your email.
To be considered for this role, applicants must currently have the legal right to work in New Zealand.