Recruitment Advisor (parental leave)
12 month parental leave contract
- Make a meaningful contribution and be part of a collaborative team
- Modern, open plan offices near the Railway Station
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) is a New Zealand-based international development agency that engages Kiwi volunteers on long and short-term volunteer (and e-Volunteer) assignments. These assignments enable kiwis to share their skills and knowledge with communities striving for sustainable change in the wider Pacific.
Ask anyone at VSA what they like most about working there, and they’ll unanimously say it’s the people. VSA Recruitment Advisor roles are people-centric; you’ll be working collaboratively with other teams across the organisation and you’ll have the opportunity to interact with some really inspiring people from a diverse range of professions who have applied for volunteer assignments both locally and overseas with VSA.
As a member of the wider HR and Volunteer Services team, you will be one of two Recruitment Advisors reporting to the Manager Volunteer Recruitment. Together you’ll have responsibility for the attraction, recruitment and selection of approximately 100* volunteers annually Due to pandemic-related international border closures, VSA is currently supporting its Pacific partner organisations by recruiting predominantly e-volunteers who can work remotely from New Zealand, as well as recruiting to build up a talent pool of future volunteers ready to deploy overseas once borders reopen.
Key responsibilities include ensuring assignment descriptions effectively reflect role requirements, developing and executing recruitment marketing campaigns, screening of candidates, shortlisting and reference checking, recruitment administration, and sourcing and maintaining relationships with external subject matter experts.
This is a parental leave cover and we are looking for someone who can commit to a 12 month contract.
- Proven recruitment experience within any discipline; experience within education, health, engineering, agriculture or HR would be useful, as these are key areas that VSA volunteers work in
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems and job platforms for active candidate searches (VSA uses JobAdder)
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to interact in a culturally respectful manner at all levels across both New Zealand and Pacific organisations
- The ability to quickly establish trusted and productive working relationships
- Confidence in both verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- High level of motivation and initiative, self-management and ability to work autonomously to deliver results
- Tech-savvy with a working knowledge of Office 365-suite of products, research tools, search engines and document formatting for professional audiences
- A genuine interest in humanitarian issues
- Cheerful, positive and comfortable working with a bunch of professional, focused and fun colleagues
- Commitment to and understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
Applications close: 5pm Sunday 1 August 2021
Applications or questions to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz, phone 04 499 1069
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz