Fundraiser (Fixed-Term to 30 June 2020)
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) sends skilled Kiwis to the Pacific and beyond to share their experience and knowledge directly with local people and communities. Working together with our regional neighbours, our volunteers create new opportunities for people that will continue to ripple across communities for generations to come.
- Varied fundraising role in International Development
- Wellington based
What you’ll be doing:
You will work with the Fundraising Manager to develop and grow VSA’s fundraising initiatives and campaigns to increase the level of donations, and the number of donors and supporters loyal to VSA with a particular focus on regular giving and direct mail appeals.
You will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of VSA’s bequest programme.
What will you bring to VSA:
You’ll thrive in this role if you are someone who gets a thrill out developing donor journeys. You will be motivated to acquire new donors and to deepen VSA’s relationship with existing donors. Sharing VSA’s stories with donors will bring you a sense of satisfaction. You’ll have an interest in continuing to develop your skills as a fundraiser.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a fundraising role
- Well-developed communication skills, you will be producing a range of written material
- Excellent interpersonal skills, you will be able to build relationships with people from all walks of life
- Strong computer literacy and confidence working with fundraising databases
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a busy workload
If you’re looking for a varied role and an opportunity to work as part of a small fundraising team, apply now.
Email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8am on Monday 29 July 2019. Please put “Fundraiser Fixed-Term” in the subject line of your email.
NOTE: To be considered for this role, applicants must currently have the legal right to work in New Zealand.