Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) sends skilled Kiwis to the Pacific and beyond to share their experience and knowledge directly with local people and communities. Working together with our regional neighbours, our volunteers create new opportunities for people that will continue to ripple across communities for generations to come.
VSA are seeking an innovative and committed Communications Specialist to join their high performing team. Reporting to a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll be the organisation’s key communications adviser and charged with a broad remit including the development of communications plans, producing proactive stories that engage the end user, and working effectively with media.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A track record of success (including a minimum of five years’ experience) in a Communications focused role
- A broad exposure to both tactical and reactive communications, social media, channel management, content development and management
- Exposure to leadership that will enable you to manage a small team
- Strong writing skills and ability to create engaging content that hits its mark with the target audience across a range of different platforms
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills that allow you to communicate and influence effectively at all levels (both internally and externally)
- A commitment to working collaboratively including pitching in wherever necessary to help drive the team forward
This is an exciting position under strong leadership in a nationally recognised brand, where you can make a real difference. If you believe you have the skills, passion and drive for this position then don’t hesitate to get in touch.