(Part-time, initially 15 hours a week)
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) sends skilled Kiwis to the Pacific and beyond to share their experience and knowledge directly with local people and communities. Working together with our regional neighbours, our volunteers create new opportunities for people that will continue to ripple across communities for generations to come.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with relevant experience and skills to develop VSA’s alumni network of around 1500 returned volunteers, who have completed assignments across the Pacific, Asia and Africa. A recent review of the programme has identified opportunities for improvement, and a desire to increase interaction between VSA and its returned volunteers. The new Alumni Coordinator will drive these improvements, working across the organisation to encourage new initiatives and build momentum for change.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting growth of the VSA support base, engaging effectively with stakeholders and demonstrating the transformative power of volunteering
- Ensuring the voice of the volunteer, and their expertise, experience and perspective are integrated into the culture of VSA, and supports organisational processes
- Providing opportunities for returned volunteers to actively engage in VSA’s work
- Delivering a well-managed alumni programme.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a self-starter and able to work collaboratively across the organisation
- Have well developed skills in relationship building and interpersonal communications
- Demonstrate a high degree of understanding and empathy for volunteers and the value of volunteering within an international context
- Have strong computer literacy and information management skills
- Be committed to the principles of international development
Apply now by emailing your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before 5pm on Wednesday 11 December 2019.
NOTE: To be considered for this role, applicants must currently have the legal right to work in New Zealand.